This article is for advanced users only. If you are having trouble with a font being displayed, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-346-6120.
Lutheran Service Builder will sometimes display a warning notification if a font is used in a bulletin or presentation format. This can happen for two reasons:
- The font is not installed on your computer.
- The font is available to only certain applications.
What to do if the font is not installed on your computer
- Download the font you would like to install.
- Open the zip file and open the .tff file.
- Select “Install” at the top of the new window.
What to do if the font is available to only certain applications
If you have Microsoft Office 16 or above on macOS, it's possible that the Office fonts were installed in a way that makes them available to Office applications only but not to Font Book or Pages (or Lutheran Service Builder).
You can share the fonts with the rest of your Mac applications (and Builder) by copying them. Here's how:
- Open the program “Terminal”.
- Copy and paste this command to this prompt: cp -r /Applications/Microsoft\ Word.app/Contents/Resources/Fonts /Library/Fonts/Microsoft
- Press Enter.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Right click and pick “Show Package Contents”.
- Select "Contents", then "Resources", and finally "Fonts".
- Copy the entire folder into /Library/Fonts.
- Rename the folder from “Fonts” to “Microsoft”. This should make all fonts be at /Library/Fonts/Microsoft.